Saturday, January 5, 2019

Proverbs as Affirmations: Relationships

Today was day 5, meaning it was my reading of Chapter 5, of Proverbs as Affirmations. I got in a couple of readings before I went to work, another one after I got home, and I have been letting the day gel for awhile.

I also got in a walk around the block before going to work today. It's nice having the affirmations to read. As I walked around the block, I included a basic mantra of, thank you. I also remembered parts of some of the verses that I've been reading. The verses are now becoming more of my self talk. Interspersed with my self talk, is the short message I find myself saying; God's will.

I'm not always feeling pleasant when I mentally say, thank you; but I do think that it is helping my overall well being and attitude. I am catching myself more in the moment now and being able to pretty easily choose a more good feeling thought.

Chapter 5 builds more on having a spouse and how that relationship is:

I enjoy staying true to my vows.

I changed the word wife to spouse, as these wise sayings are really meant for both parties of a couple.

I delight in my spouse's affection. I enjoy my spouse's love.

I can say that, that hasn't been my normal self talk for quite some time. So it is nice having those kinds of thoughts replacing some of the old ones that I've had.

Listening to Wisdom is reinforced.

I listen to Wisdom. I pay close attention to Wisdom, and I keep my respect.

I am enjoying my readings and found myself looking forward to reading Chapter 5 this morning.

Foster more joyful thoughts by reading Proverbs as Affirmations. The highlighted text links below the picture will take you to Amazon.



There is a journal version (8-1/2 by 11 inches, pictured on the right), which includes lines to write the affirmations for added reinforcement, or the portable smaller version (6 by 9 inches, pictured on the left), without lines, which is easier to carry.

Much blessings to you on your journey.

As an Amazon associate, I earn income for qualifying items purchased through my Amazon links. Thank you.

Cheryl Paton(br />
Visit here to read the Next Day's Post.

Visit here if you would like to read from The Beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment